Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the story i'm writing

I had to give myself permission to post this because I don't want it to be about boasting, but this is my blog... and I can post what I want, right? :)

I received this e-mail from one of my kiddos, who is definitly not a kiddo anymore but becoming a beautiful woman of God!  Thank you, Ashlee.  This couldn't have come at a better time.  Such an encouragement for an insecure woman and a new wife...


"Hmmmm something in my spirit has prompted me to tell you this and it is confusing because I have told you this several times before but I guess I would just like to remind you that I love you and.....



I am honored, I feel flattered, I am blessed to have had and to still have you in my life. I recently read your blog and I remember every step of your dating and engagement and even marriage with Adam. I am proud to say that I was witness to the faithful work that God did in your life. It is in moments when I feel discouraged about what God will do for my love life and my family that I think about his unending love that he so clearly proved to you. I think about your willingness to struggle to become a stronger woman throughout your dating process and how hard it was to transform yourself. And then I remember how you knew that you had to rely on God. The moral of the story is this...
 
I have never been so inspired by one love story in my entire life. I have never even seen a better gushy chick flick in my entire life and I don't think that there has been anyone who has been a better role model in my entire life. So often you challenge me to be a woman of moral character that upholds the standards that Christ expects of me. So thank you for that. What is wierd to me and probably off putting to you is that you do this without consistent or frequent contact. I look at your picture on facebook and I am reminded of this. (I also remember that I broke up with "the love of my life" at the same time you were falling in love with yours. . Ironic huh?) I think that it is your story that blesses me so. So I guess I would encourage you to remember that you are writing a story with your life and that others are reading in and I am directly affected by you. You are the only woman in my life who walks with God and even though I feel like our season together may be transitioning I am ever blessed by your prescence. (tears are for sure sure fallling at this point... lol. )"
 
It feels like God is saying "well done, good and faithful servant" to me through Ashlee. 
(Sigh of relief) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment